1. Kansas really is flatter than a pancake. Scientists proved it when they compared the topography of Kansas against that of a pancake from IHOP.
2. The largest ball of twine is in Cawker City and it measures over 38 feet in circumference and weighs more than 16,750 pounds.
3. In Derby County, Kan., a law is in place that makes it illegal for any person to hit or punch a vending machine when it has stolen a person’s money.
4. Smith County, Kan. is the geographical center of the 48 contiguous states.
5. In Kansas, it is illegal to hunt whales, even though it is located in the middle of the country with no coastline in sight.
Leave a Reply